Moggy Thread 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 30 Nov 2016, 07:38

Lovely picture, MM!

I think "Tostig" really suits him. He is most definitely not a Willibald.

T. is a very handsome moggy indeed. I'm glad he's found a good home with friends.

PS There has been more fighting at Whitehall, but it's all been hushed up recently.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 30 Nov 2016, 08:38

There's one difficulty though ... Tostig looks very similar to one of my other cats, Zwartje, and so with my eyesight telling them apart is not always that easy, especially as she also likes to spend time in the dog's company:

Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 30 Nov 2016, 12:13

Black cats do seem to be more wary than other cats. Our transgender village cat, Denis, aka Denise, looks identical to Tostig; he/she is often in my garden miaowing plaintively at Bosworth, but runs off if I make any attempt to get close, let alone stroke him/her.

Denis lives across the river, yet has never been seen on the bridge. Rumour has it that he/she has been spotted crossing the Torridge at low tide - there is a shallow ford with stones at one point. Then, cut off by the tidal flow, he/she hangs about in the field or in my garden waiting for the next low tide so he/she can go back home. Denis's apparent ability to ford the river is a mystery. Perhaps he/she does a bit of fishing en route.

Bosworth igores D. - never tries to chase him/her away. But then Bos can't be bothered to chase anything these days.

PS Not just saying this - but Doggy-Dog is a beautiful animal. He looks very loving.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 30 Nov 2016, 13:04

Oh dear, I am now fretting dreadfully thinking that I may have offended PC sensibilities by calling Denis a transgender cat. It's just that he is. He started out as a boy, but was then discovered to have been a girl all along. He still is known as Denis, though - Denise as a name just hasn't "taken".

No offence meant to anyone, human or moggy. No
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 30 Nov 2016, 13:06

Well Doggy-Dog's a golden retriever so he is generally very placid and friendly, and since I do b&b he's well used to other people and their dogs. He'll be anyone's friend for life if they'll just rub his tummy!

.... not much doubt about DD's sex though. Shocked

My sister had a tortoise called George who when we went on holiday spent the time at the home of one of my dad's colleagues who had several tortoises. We always thought George was a boy (we had thoroughly looked and checked in books etc) ... but then once after coming back from staying with these other tortoises, she laid some eggs!

Wasn't the river Torridge the home of Tarka the otter? Any otters there still? I once, many years ago (1970s), saw an otter, very briefly, in a stream near Tavistock.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 30 Nov 2016, 13:50

Please give Doggy-Dog's tum a tickle from me!

Yes, Tarka was born  here, near Beam Aqueduct. It is only about twenty minutes' walk away from where I live. Henry Williamson, who wrote Tarka the Otter, was married in the little church I have mentioned on the Confused Christian thread.

Otters are indeed back in the river: my neighbour has seen one, as has the local farmer. So far I haven't, but I keep looking.

Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 30 Nov 2016, 14:13

Awww,MM, that's lovely.

I currently have 1.75 cats - 1.00 of my own, 0.5 of next door's tabby and 0.25 of the ginger tom from two doors down.

The tabby's owner however thinks I am trying to kidnap her cat; she clearly has no experience of how the sods make up their own wee hairy minds about where to go and what to do there. Ozzie, for that is his name, knows my car and beats me in the door when I open it or forces it open if it's on the snib when my own is out and about. Having cleared up any food left in bowls, he then hides in dark corners, cupboards and, a couple of days ago, in the washing machine thus:

"

Needless to say, both interlopers are far more affectionate and appreciative than my resident feline.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Thu 01 Dec 2016, 08:00

That moggy is adopting you, ferval. I know the signs!

Great picture.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Tue 06 Dec 2016, 15:35

This year's Liverpool Museum advent calendar is cat themed.

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/christmas/advent/index.aspx
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Thu 05 Jan 2017, 13:40

Larry's been got at - boo hiss.

Maybe Palmerston has one of these though.

Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Thu 05 Jan 2017, 18:59

Oh gawd, they've turned him into a Brexit means red, white and blue Brexit cat. Is nothing safe?
Back to top Go down

Moggy Thread 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: The pub ... :: The Eagle and Child-