A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 21 Jul 2017, 07:44

ID, as you've posted this morning after last night's earthquake in Greece and Turkey, I take it you are alright ... I don't know how close is your island to Kos. Just what Greece doesn't need right now and at the beginning of the high tourist season too. Anyway hope all's well with you and your family.

Last edited by Meles meles on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 07:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nielsen
Consulatus

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 21 Jul 2017, 07:46

ID, the same wishes from me.

Last edited by Nielsen on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 09:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 21 Jul 2017, 08:55

Islanddawn,

as I just read it on BBC World, I join Meles meles in our sorrows about you and your family.

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 21 Jul 2017, 15:48

Oh thanks guys, we are all fine. Kos is on the opposite side of the Aegean to us and we didn't even feel a thing. But it wasn't unexpected as we've had about 30 minor quakes throughout the country over the past month so we knew there was a bigger one coming, we just didn't know where it would be. 

Particularly bad for Kos of course, they are one of the islands on the frontline for the refugees being off the Turkish coast, so have had a drop in the tourism because of that anyway without this on top of it.
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sun 23 Jul 2017, 12:47

Is anyone else getting incomplete links such as 'View latest post' and 'You have posted in this topic' etc. This is only happening on my desk-top (Vista) but not on tablet (Apple).
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sun 23 Jul 2017, 13:31

No problems with my desk-top which is also running Vista ... although everything is a bit slow at the moment but I think that's entirely due to my satellite connection and the stormy weather.
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:10

Thanks for that Meles. Mine seems to have settled down now. It could just have been a re-fresh issue but it took an awful long time. I'll go thru my security settings with a tooth-comb just to make sure.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sun 23 Jul 2017, 19:58

@Vizzer wrote:
Thanks for that Meles. Mine seems to have settled down now. It could just have been a re-fresh issue but it took an awful long time. I'll go thru my security settings with a tooth-comb just to make sure.

Vizzer,

I now see for the first time that you joined the 12-05-2012. While in my case it is 01-01-2012, I couldn't see the difference Wink . Why they apply the date the American way on a Norwegian forum? Or is Britain also changed to the American sequence? Yes I know 9-11-2001 while on the European peninsula it is 11-9-2001...

Kind regards from Paul.

PS: It is time that Nordmann is back to interfere in our utterings...Nordmann!
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:44

Nordmann,

I had some time a slow reaction time of Res Historica and now when I mentioned it to Temperance it is suddenly disappeared. Even in such way, that I couldn't read the site anymore and even the browser trouble searcher couldn't repair it. Just lost also a message to Temperance without any wrong doing...

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 08 Aug 2017, 13:18

I posted a few minutes back a YouTube video of Eddie Cantor's Keep Young and Beautiful over on the Plato Diet thread. I've just got a message from Bulldog saying it's blocked the video from my computer because the file is infected. I don't really understand this, but I have immediately removed the link - hope no damage has been done here.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 13:50

I want to post something on the Ingle-Nook thread, but there is no reply box.

Has this thread been locked or something?

Other threads (such as this one) have reply boxes as normal.
Back to top Go down
Nielsen
Consulatus

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 13:56

Strange, the reply button seems to have gone away but the box to write in is - here, in the Ingle-nooks it isnt. 
Perhaps that thread is now closed - why?
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 13:59

Oh yes ... I don't get a reply box either ... though obviously I did early today. But the quote function seems to work ... so you can make a reply that way, and if you don't want to actually quote someone you can always edit that bit out in raw text mode.

Edit ... no the edit funtion doesn't work either. I tried.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 14:10

In ComicMonster's last post on the Inglenook thread there is a block of formatting type text (unseen in the post) ... so maybe that has triggered the thread to be blocked.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 14:21

Oh well. I wanted to post something funny from Peter Ackroyd's book about the Bishop of Clogher on the Ingle-Nook thread.

I have deleted the details - really shouldn't have posted them. Such obvious and malicious glee on my part is conduct unbecoming. I really don't know what this place is coming to.

Last edited by Temperance on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 16:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 14:31

Didn't work. I tried using the "quote" button, but nothing appears. Which is strange, because it did say the message had been successfully entered.

Now it's working.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 16:49

I have deleted Ackroyd's story about the unfortunate vice-busting Bishop. Do hope I haven't offended anyone. Not that I think we have any bishops looking in here.

Back to top Go down
Hatshepsut
Aediles

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 25 Oct 2017, 19:19

Unless it's the unfortunate Bishop Brennan.

I'm not savvy enough to post the full episode but hope this link enables people to enjoy 'Bishop Brennan being kicked up the a**e'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578513/
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 09:44

It has been impossible to get through to Res His this morning and I have received Dire Warnings from Microsoft about the site's security certificate. I have risked "proceeding to the site" and have signed in to send this.

Is this a blip on my computer, or are others experiencing problems? If they are they won't see this, of course, but perhaps the Boss can do something.

I hope this is not The End - I also hope I have not been very foolish to ignore warning and visit Res His as usual.

PS The banner at the top of this page is now an alarmingly sickly shade of pink.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 10:04

I was on the Forumotion site asking about the lockout and received this:

Hello,

We posted the info earlier this morning on facebook and twitter...

Since this morning, our DataCenter OVH has technical problems that directly impact our services. Until OVH resolves this technical incident, we have switched our DNS to other stable IPs.

Nevertheless, the repercussions may take a long time following the DNS spread. Therefore, your forums and some of our services may have some accessibility issues.

Our teams are already working on finding an alternative solution to recover the connection faster.

In the meantime, we ask you to be patient and we apologize for the inconvenience

Not sure why you received warnings about the security certificate - it's perfectly ok and you're not "risking" anything (besides what you usually risk, that is) in signing in. You may see some broken links here and there as image hosting, advertisement links etc also await DNS refresh. But otherwise I think we're back in business.
Back to top Go down
https://reshistorica.historyboard.net
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 10:20

Actually you're right - I see we have somehow lost our SSL cert. I'll look into this.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 10:25

I'm getting in but only after a redirection notice. That's on Chrome.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 10:29

I've had to reset the SSL - whatever the Forumotion people are doing it seems to have changed a few settings in the background. At the moment we're back to https but I notice the certificate still hasn't been registered again as being from a trustworthy source so we just have to wait. This could also be down to DNS info not having caught up yet so browsers don't know where to check the cert issuer.

Patience, people ...

EDIT: Now it's back to "secure" again. In my browser at least.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 10:48

@nordmann wrote:
Actually you're right...

Words I never thought would be addressed to me by the Boss! Smile (Joke)

I'm still having to override the security warning to "proceed", even though it's "not recommended". The banner is still the sickly shade of pink.

PS It's gone white now - hopefully a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 12:29

Everything is OK now.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 12:53

The computer I usually use is experiencing the same problem. The second computer is OK.

Still getting the security warning on the first computer.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 13:58

I'm getting the site insecure message again now.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Nov 2017, 15:44

Everything seems to be OK now.
Back to top Go down
Hatshepsut
Aediles

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 10 Nov 2017, 10:57

Yippee, we're back in business.

I too received dire warnings about security (particularly financial and personal info) which I thought odd. 

Happily, we now appear to be OK!
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 06 Dec 2017, 22:38

When I post right now or change my message the site is reacting sometimes extremely slow. Is that the case with others too. It is already that way the last hours of this evening...

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   

Back to top Go down

Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: Introductions ... :: Intros, polls, etc appear here-