A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Moggy Thread 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Fri 12 Jan 2018, 14:31

Larry has reshuffled Palmerston: sent him to the Isle of Dogs.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Sat 13 Jan 2018, 14:51

Trump may come to regret sneering at the location of the new US Embassy in London. Battersea has produced some magnificent Brits:

Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 24 Jan 2018, 17:47

I am shocked and saddened to read that Larry has been accused of sexual misconduct.

Disgraced veteran mouser, Larry, the Downing Street Cat, on Friday admitted that there was "some truth" in the allegations of bullying and of sexual misconduct that were levelled against him earlier in the week.

In a statement, he apologised to the other cats, whose experiences were reported by Cat Monthly Magazine on Tuesday.

The Downing Street cat added: “The power I had over these other cats is that they were a bit smaller than me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.”

Larry has at least responded honestly to his accusers, and with some attempt at dignity and remorse. He says that since he was "taken to the vets" in 2007, he has done nothing of which he is ashamed. Can all Government cats, notably the one at the Foreign Office, say the same? Palmerston?
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Mon 05 Feb 2018, 13:12

Larry's performance - with reference to the superior skills of a certain member of the Foreign Office staff - was the subject of a piece (page 2) in The Sunday Times yesterday. There was also a short editorial (with the corny heading of Moggie (sic) may give us paws) on page 22.

May I point out that I was writing about all this here on Res Historica's Moggy thread months ago? I want a job on The Sunday Times.

EDIT: And ferval - also ages ago - mentioned the threat to Larry from that ridiculous Jacob Rees-Moggie.

You read it here first.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:53

They are wittering on again today about Brexit at Number 10. Larry has tweeted that he is "under the table". I bet he is, too.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Fri 09 Feb 2018, 14:23

Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Fri 09 Feb 2018, 16:05

Oh, Larry, Larry, you foolish cat. When will you ever learn? You have just cost the British economy billions.

And Palmerston, of course, was already preparing to butter up the Japanese last summer.

Back to top Go down
Priscilla
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Sun 11 Feb 2018, 18:36

According to the DM - so it may be fake news - Larry has had minor surgery on an old war wound from undiplomatic incident with You Know Who of next door. He has been ordered two days bed rest but one assumes he is nocturnal. Does No 10 have a front door cat flap? Who lets him in or out? Is there an appointed Larrex flunkey? As ever the govt never gives out enough information.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Tue 13 Feb 2018, 13:21

"Catchin' mice round t'mill were good enough for me and you're granddad, but not for you. No, no, you want t' ponce of to London and go mousin' round Drury Lane"

Yorkishire cats go to London
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   Sat 17 Feb 2018, 11:32

Larry and Palmerston have been fighting again - another terrible and undignified brawl was reported as happening yesterday morning. Larry does not seem able to cope anymore: he lost a lot of fur in this latest altercation, and his UK collar was ripped off and left lying in the dust of Downing Street. The Evening Standard is reporting that many people see all this as a sad metaphor for Brexit:

A Brexit Metafur

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moggy Thread 3   

Back to top Go down

Moggy Thread 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: The pub ... :: The Eagle and Child-